Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Where in the World

Where in the world is Sara San Diego?


I hate that I haven't blogged in a whole week. It means that I've been too busy and too tired, and I'm really bad about slipping into that mode of life. It's a yicky habit I have - I pile on way too much and then run myself into the ground and vow to never be so ridiculous again. Then things slow down, I feel ambitious (and rested), and think, "Hey, I'm a lil bored. I should learn 8 new hobbies to fill this gaping hole of time." Yeah. And then we're back to square one.


Today, I'm tired and stressed over sheep. Well, Lamb Pops to be exact. I'm shipping out an order of 30 of them this week, and the little buggers are giving me grief. I lost a chunk of time by having to re-shape all the body parts (30 heads, 60 ears, and 120 legs) to make them smaller. Gah. I hate having to do re-work. But it was necessary, and thank goodness Bo suggested it to me. Actually, it wasn't a mere suggestion. He could tell I was about to have a stress-induced cryfest, and straight up told me to do it differently. And then proceeded to re-do all the legs for me. Total knight in shining armor, ain't he? Anyway, because of the changeup, we only got halfway through assembling the things. But on a positive note, they are flipping ridiculously cute. Like seriously. I'll post some photos here (maybe tomorrow?) after they're all finished and packaged up.


On another front, I guess I will finally admit that I've been on a diet. Well, sorta. Nothing hardcore, and nothing that makes me feel immense guilt for eating cake. I've just been counting my calories and trying to keep them within a budget. I've been roughly following that plan for a couple of months now, and I've for sure lost 5 pounds. That may not seem like much and you may dismiss it with a wave of your hand. But 5 pounds opens up a whole new wardrobe for me. Today is Day 2 of wearing pants that haven't fit for 2 years. Well, I could get them buttoned and zipped, but they looked obscene from the back. Like, rated R. It was really gross. So, I'm starting to dust off old clothes, and it feels great. I honestly love my butt again, and my thighs are starting to be less problem-child and more something I can work with. My goal is to lose another 5 more pounds, nothing crazy. Just to be able to wear the stacks of cute clothes I own but currently can't.


And on that note, I just noticed yesterday that Subway came out with a new sandwich which totally fits within my calorie budget. Anybody try this yet??

It's their new Buffalo Chicken sandwich, and the 6" is only 390 calories (w/out cheese), awesome! There's a news article about it here.

Well, that's about all I got today. Cross your fingers that Lamb Pops photos will go up tomorrow. They really are disgustingly cute. (I'm not above bragging when they've eaten up this much time already.)

2 comments:

  1. It looks just like the Chicken Teriyaki sandwich, only with different sauce. Mmmmm.....That sandwich was super yummy.

    Can't wait for pictures of lamb pops, they're awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - it was basically a Teriyaki with different sauce and some light ranch. But considering that I order the Teriyaki every time I go in there, the Buffalo will be a fabulous change. I tried it yesterday and give it 2 thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete