Thursday, July 14, 2011

Speaking of Hot


Do you see that large number, there?  The one saying it's one hundred and eleven degrees outside?!  Goodness gracious, it's toasty out there.  I'm still used to summers on the West Coast, where it cools down in the evenings.  Last night at 11pm, our heat index was 94 degrees.  I'm incredibly miserly with running our air conditioning, but there's no beating temperatures like that.  I won't even begin to tell you what it feels like to go for a run when it's nearly 100% humid and 80 degrees.

Instead, I'll leave you with the formula to calculate the heat index.  It's way more complicated than I thought it would be!




Fine Print: I'm mostly blaming the weather here in Hot-lanta for my blogging absence.  I wish I could say that I've been on fun trips and reading some amazing books while I've been awol, but alas, no.  My brain pretty much shut down and left me with zero inspiration and creativity.  Here's to hoping I come up with something enlightening by the time it cools back off... in October.


Crazy mathematical formula courtesy of NOAA.gov.

1 comment:

  1. It's nice here, Sara. Please come here before your brain boils.

    ReplyDelete