Thursday, July 1, 2010

Choose My Book, Please

I've been plowing through books this past month, and I love it!  I read more books in the month of June than I did over the entire past year.  Madness, huh?  Anyway, I've made it my goal to read some of the books sitting on my shelves before buying/borrowing new ones.  I'm about halfway finished with my current book, so I thought I'd poll you all to choose my next book for me. 

Let the voting begin!



Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell:  I don't read much nonfiction, but I love me some Malcolm Gladwell.  (sidenote:  one of the things that caught my eye on Bo's eHarmony profile was a mention of Malcolm Gladwell.  Swoon.)












Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer:  This book is by the same author as one of my most favorite quirky book-turned-movies - "Everything is Illuminated."  It got really great reviews and is completely different than my other books on the shelf.












Father Time by ML White:  This novel was written by a girl from my high school! Which doesn't seem all that amazing until you consider the fact that each graduating class had roughly 70 students, and the town's population hovers near 2,500.  So, it's pretty darn fantastic that she's got a book out there in Published Land.  Congrats go out to her!


Yada Yada Prayer Group (book #1) by Neta Jackson:  Either my mom or my sister gave me this book, and I haven't read it yet because I've assumed that it's a ripoff of the YaYa Sisterhood book.  But maybe not?  It's actually part of a 7-book series; I had no idea!  Also, it might be a light, fun read after my current book, which is a little heavy and about grief and mourning.  And apparently, I have the "party group" edition of the book, which has recipes in it!


 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. And...it looks like the fun little voting widget isn't working! Booooo!!! I suppose just leave your vote here in the comments? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, Gladwell is my favorite author! Anyway, Outliers was my least favorite of his books. Pick up What the Dog Saw for a compilation of his best newspaper articles over the last couple decades. Of course, as a Gladwell fan you'll have to read Outliers at some point.

    ReplyDelete