Friday, July 2, 2010

Cooking with Sara: Creamy Lemony Blueberry Pie


For this week's recipe, I really wanted something summery.  It's the 4th of July, after all!  But, here's the thing - I do not grill.  I do not bbq.  Those are Man Jobs.  Yes, I do whip up marinades and the like, but gosh darnit, I love making sweets! So, sweets are what you get.

This recipe is basically a chilled, no-bake, cream cheese pie that my family has made for years, but with the addition of a lemon curd layer on the bottom.  I thought it was deeelicious!  The texture of the whole ensemble is fluffy, so if you're not a fan of those kinds of desserts, too bad so sad.  But if you are, this one is fun.  And it resulted in my getting to add a fabulous lemon curd recipe to my repertoire.





Happy 4th of July, lovelies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment