Friday, June 4, 2010

Cooking with Sara: Grilled Shrimp Tacos


While I'm appreciating the different and interesting and yummy cuisine here in The South, there are a few foods I do miss from my stint in SoCal.  Fish Tacos are high, high on that list. 

When I first moved to San Diego, all those years ago, the idea of fried fish in a taco with salsa was completely revolting.  And that white sauce?  Could that be any more disgusting a combination?  No.  Well, ok...Um?....Honestly?  I now love fish tacos.  It took me a few years to muster up the courage to actually try one, but ohmy, they're tastey.  And I've tried at least 5 different recipes for the white sauce (some even claiming to be identical to what's served at Rubio's), but none taste just right.

Anyway, it's 8am - enough about fish in a tortilla with tricky white sauces.  I haven't even had a sip of coffee yet.  Here's my weekly recipe over on the food blog I contribute to:



No comments:

Post a Comment