Monday, May 23, 2011

Cooking with Sara: Saucy Mama Recipe Contest


It was almost a year ago that I participated in my first recipe contest submission.  Oh, I learned a lot that time around.  Like, for example, it's probably a keen idea to include the product sponsoring the contest in your final recipe photograph.  Right?  And, maybe I should read all the contest details first to learn what kind of recipe they're looking for.  In other words, don't be submitting an elaborate stew recipe when they've clearly asked for a party food, appetizer-y recipe, mmmk?


I was all excited to take my new-found common sense to action when Saucy Mama invited me to participate again.  I felt so special being asked to participate; almost like when I was voted onto Homecoming Court my senior year of high school, minus the crown.  (Although, I do still have that crown, and who's to say I'm not wearing it right now?)  I had a fun recipe in mind to test out, and then.  Then, I saw the links to all the other recipe submissions entered for this contest.  Ummm.. They're fancy.  And look amazing and delicious.  And, dangit!  Oh well.  I can at least take pride in the fact that I finally learned how to follow directions and give myself a chance to at least qualify this time.  We'll be happy with the improvements over last year, yes, we will.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you win, those look really good. T'were they only to be gluten free, they'd be perfect for our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Nom! Nom! Hope you win!

    ReplyDelete