Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cooking with Sara: Gooey Caramel Corn (again)

It's Thursday!  My day to cook for the Blah blog!

Some of you longtime listeners first time callers readers may recognize that photo.  It from my Gooey Caramel Corn post last year.  You see, last night I whipped up two varieties of one recipe, and they both FLOPPED.  I have no idea how such a simple and food blogger-loved recipe (seriously, it's been all over the food blogs over the last 6 months) could have failed so miserably, but fail it did.  So I opted to introduce the Blah crowd to this recipe, because I love it to death, and because I've been craving it for days now.  I have no idea when I'll actually be able to make it next (remember those weddings this weekend and the cupcakes I'm doing?), but I'm content to at least have memories to get me by for now.



Proof that I attempted a recipe last night:


Also, Bo refuses to touch these spatulas.  I think
he thinks they'll make him grow boobs or something.
If that's all it took, you can bet I'd be..well.. yeah :) 

3 comments:

  1. OMG that is so funny - I love those spatulas - things like that just make me happy - like my mixing spoons with happy faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made gooey popcorn this week and added choc. My 2 girlfriends really liked it, but I like the original better. (I love choc and try and put it in every thing) maybe I just need different choc. that was my first time tasting that choc. Next time I will try with choc I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh! I'm going to have to make this over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete