Friday, May 14, 2010

Cooking with Sara: Steak Bites



Recently, a new friend told me about how amazing Pioneer Woman's Steak Bites recipe is, so of course, I had to try it. 


The recipe itself is a little wordy and detailed, but the whole thing goes together in under 10 minutes!  And it really is goooood.  I'll definitely be making this again.  I might even experiment with adding other flavors with the butter - wine?  Fresh herbs?  Soy or teriyaki sauce?  Just a smidge of any of those would probably taste really good.


Also, I have to put in my two cents here about red meat:  First off, I really don't know a thing about cuts of meat.  I typically wait until Filet is on sale and then buy it.  Because, it's hard to screw up Filet Mignon; it really doesn't need much of anything added to it, and it's delicious.  Aside from that, I really like to buy "natural" meat.  I know, I know - that "natural" label is impossible to regulate, and you don't truly know how much more natural the meat is than regular stuff.  But I will say this:  Bo and I can totally taste the difference.  Whenever I spring for "natural" meats in the butcher case, they've tasted better.  I'd like to think that their claims of zero hormones are, indeed, better for me, but who really knows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment