Monday, August 23, 2010

Monday Show and Tell

Some of you have already seen all these photos, but I thought I'd post them anyway.  Sometimes, I need to look back and remind myself what I've accomplished over the past month or week or even day, so that I don't start feeling so overwhelmed with life.  It's like, "Oh yeah!  I forgot I did that!"  It also helps remove a tiny bit of the blur that seems to encompass my life. 

This past month has seen oodles of custom requests come through for Sarandipity Sweets, and I still have another list of shapes to mock up.  It's crazy how creative and imaginative you all are!  I love it!  It pushes me to try things I never thought I could, and it makes me feel artistic for the first time in my life.  Artistic.  To say it out loud even feels foreign :)

The month of September will hopefully yield some behind-the-scenes biggies for me too.  I'm in the process of finding a graphic artist to work with (hurrah for logos and website images!); I'm working with a supplier for preprinted bags (hurrah for my new logo on a printed bag, all fancy-like!); and I'm mulling over the idea of hiring an assistant.  Ack!  That part alone scares the heck out of me, and I don't even see how it's possible, but it's something I'm rolling around in my brain.  It's getting to that point where I'm seeing the value in having someone take over some things for me, even though the control freak in me doesn't want to let go of her white-knuckled grip on every aspect of the operation.  Ha!  We'll show her! :)
















4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a project! You don't call yourself artistic? Please, woman!!!

    Good luck with your new endeavor! No fear, baby. Just go get 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! An assistant. How cool would that be? Next stop, bake shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh! These are all soooo cute! Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for all the exclammation points, ladies!! I'm all warm-fuzzy ♥

    ReplyDelete