Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Skin of My Teeth

I just had the nicest run-in with a cop!

He was on a motorcyle (Magpie calls them cop-sicles) and pulled up next to me at a red light near my house. Shame on me, I was messing with my phone when he did. Ack, I'm soo getting a ticket! He mouthed, "put your phone down" and motioned for me to roll down my window, and I just knew my ticket-avoiding luck had run out. But, when I complied, he was nothing but kindness. He said, "You should just turn that off so you're not tempted to answer it if it rings or use it while you're driving. It's a really expensive ticket, but most people don't know that. It's only $25, but when you add in all the court fees, it's $100. You should save that $100 and go buy yourself something nice instead."

Um, really?! I thanked him and gave him a smile of gratitude, but really, I wanted to hug him.

No comments:

Post a Comment