Friday, July 24, 2009

Ants Marching



We have ants in our house right now. My bleary eyes noticed one on my pillow this morning, as I was struggling to wake up. Yuck!! And 3 minutes later, I discovered that my shower was infested.

You see, in San Diego, even the ants are weather wimps. Along with the locals, they can't handle fluctuations in temperature. After a few years of living here, I realized that during a string of hot summer days, ants will come into your house, seeking water. You'll find them in your sinks, showers, and faucets. And then, when we get a few consecutive days of rain (yes, it does rain here, but barely), they come into houses to escape the water.

It's incredibly annoying but at least I don't have to immediately disinfect every speck of my kitchen to eliminate sugar and food crumbs. The ants don't give a rip about food; they just want some water.

Odd, huh?




Standalone player



* Doesn't that picture just make you itchy all over? It's courtesy of google images.

1 comment:

  1. I know a guy who had ants tattooed around his wrist...apparently they are a sign of perseverance. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete