Thursday, July 16, 2009

Potpourri No. 2

  • I can't wait for the Supreme Court hearings to be over, because I've had the words "Sonia Sotomayor" stuck in my head for the past 2 days straight.

  • I didn't realize until I was halfway finished writing this post that my last Potpourri entry had the exact same phrase stuck in my head. Evidently it's a plague someone has cast upon my house.

  • My mom's side of family sweetly passes on a gene that predisposes us to get the hiccups so bad that they're painful. (Why oh why couldn't I have got the tall and skinny gene instead?) They give me a stomach ache immediately, and I can't even hide them in public because they're incredibly loud too. But! Over the years, I've learned to make them go away. No peanut butter, no sugar, no drinking funny out of a glass. I've decided that since they're a result of spasms of the diaphragm muscle, that if I can get it to relax by breathing calmly and slowly, they'll stop. And they so do. I'm a genius!

    Bo straight up laughs at me every time I get the hiccups. He says they sound like baby alligators. Leave it to someone from the South to recognize that sound:

  • I originally didn't have a whole lot of interest in seeing this movie, but now that I've seen the preview, I. Cannot. Wait. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I spent yesterday wanting to punch someone and be violent. But the soundtrack could be amazing, too. Who wants to see it with me?!

3 comments:

  1. Jeeze, I just now see that you have an etsy shop with the cutest little pops! I wish I knew that for my bratty little bro's birthday, oh he was in Mexico. Any way, next time I need something I now know where to look. Too Cute!

    I am still laughing about the alligator hiccups :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alligator hiccups might be the cutest thing I've seen in a very long time. (No offense to your cupcake pops...ha!) Maybe Allie should be the name of your next alter ego?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh...Allie is great!! I'm going to have to think about her and get back to you. I'm thinking she's fond of braids and acting like a tomboy.

    ReplyDelete