Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cooking with Sara: Apple Vinaigrette Dressing

It's Thursday!  My day to cook for the food blog!

I'm being pulled in 47 directions today, so I'll keep this short and sweet.

We're doing an apple-themed week on the food blog, but I'm a total apple snob and struggle buying apples that aren't from Washington state (Pacific Northwest shout-out, what what!).  And because apples aren't in season right now, the pickings are worse than slim.  So I decided to come up with a recipe that didn't require fresh apples.  A novel idea, yes?  And because I'm pretty much in love with the Panera Fuji apple vinaigrette dressing, I thought I'd scour the web for a copycat recipe.  While I didn't find anything claiming to be The Exact Recipe, I found lots of ideas to work with, and came up with something that's darn tasty.  And cheap.  And lacking funny additives I can't pronounce.  And nondairy and vegan and gluten-free and low in sugar and all that healthy-ish stuff.

Hope you like!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah--This stuff looks incredible! I just may sit down and drink it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Betty - I'd be lying if I said that that thought hadn't occurred to me last night as I was making it :)

    ReplyDelete