Thursday, April 23, 2009

Do I Know You?

Today, at our marathon-length meetings, I knew the guy from the other company who was presenting to us. Well, I don't actually know him, but I know him from somewhere. His face is ridiculously familiar to me. And because it was a work meeting, I'm pretty sure he may have worked for my previous employer. That, or we went to college together. Now that I think about it, maybe it was school?

But some background for you - I majored in engineering (hold the wisecracks for later, please), and there were only 2 other girls in my class. So even if I didn't pack around a giant afro on my head, I'd venture a guess that sheer statistics should make me fairly recognizable to classmates. Do you follow me? Ditto for working in the engineering industry. There aren't many women, especially ones who eternally look twelve years old. And I add to that the fact that I'm continually mistaken for other people. I get the "you look familiar" thing all the time, and from all kinds of complete strangers - old ladies, waiters, etc.

But, nope, the only time that guy looked me in the eye was when I spoke once at the end. And even then, it was barely a glance. Dangit! I know you from somewhere! I don't look one speck familiar to you??

It's going to bug me until I figure out where I remember his face from.

But then again, I do my best (and am quite successful) to think of anything but the engineering world once I leave the confines of my desk. Instead, it'll be lemon cupcakes occupying my brain for the next few hours. Cupcakes take precedence over most things, to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment