Monday, April 20, 2009

It's a Scorcher

It's 100 degrees outside today.*

I had to look that up on Wunderground, because it's precisely 64 steps from my chair to the nearest window or door. Yes, I totally counted. But, now that I think about it, I haven't turned my little space heater on once today, and that's usually the first thing I do when I get here every morning. And, I'm wearing an adorable little dress with sandles, SANS cardigan. I haven't had one single goosebump on my arms all day. Yes, indeed, it must be hot out there.

My new bestie, Dee, calls this "boyfriend weather" - when it's perfect to talk a lazy walk in the evening, with an ice cream cone in one hand, your boyfriend's hand in the other. Ahhhh...I couldn't agree with her more.

I guess one out of two ain't so bad ;)



* And yes, it's still only mid-April. But before you go hating on So-Cal, keep in mind that the months of May and June are pure ugly here. While the rest of the country is enjoying that beautiful transition from spring to summer, it's gray and cloudy and chilly here.

No comments:

Post a Comment